The Chocolate Soldier Competition
Each year Sutton Coldfield Movie Makers hosts this inter-club competition and invites all the filmmaking clubs in the region to take part.
We were particularly delighted to welcome members of Kettering Amateur Movie Makers who have never taken part before.
This year there were 8 entries, but unfortunately Derby Movie Makers were unable to attend because there were terrible weather conditions which made it too daunting for them to travel. The system is that each entry must be accompanied by two members of the club that enters it, so that they can take part in the vote for a winner. Sadly Derby Movie Maker’s entry had to be left out.
The entries that were screened were:
- “The Land of Israel” - Market Harborough Movie Makers
- “A Galapagos Experience” - Lichfield Movie Makers
- “The Great Whin Sill” - Nuneaton Moviemakers
- “Kill the Indian in the Child” - Sutton Coldfield Movie Makers
- “Still Here in Flanders” - Kettering Amateur Movie Makers
- “The Puffins of Skomer Island” - Stoke Cine and Video Society
- “Minnie the Moocher” - Wolverhampton Film Makers
The results were:
Winner: “Kill the Indian in the Child” – Sutton Coldfield Movie Makers
2nd Place: “The Puffins of Skomer Island” – Stoke Cine and Video Society
3rd Place: “The Great Whin Sill” – Nuneaton Moviemakers
It was a fun sociable evening, with a raffle (great prizes provided by members of Sutton Coldfield Movie Makers) and a delicious buffet with food provided by members of Sutton Coldfield Movie Makers.